Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Light As A Feather...

A few weeks ago I had the most elaborate dream. In it a feather pillow burst open and I was unable to run away. Instead, I stood still mesmerized by the falling feathers that were as white and as fluffy as snow. Needless to say it was one of those strange dreams that stick with you and for days afterwards I kept sketching feathers and played around with the idea of feathers mirroring snowflakes. In the end I ended up with a new screen printed card called Feather Flakes. The Fall version is in a red wine or rust colored ink reminiscent of the changing leaves and, in a few weeks, I'll be listing the Winter version in the Birdcage Cards' shop as well. It's printed in a light steely blue ink and paired with a silver envelope.

Since I've just printed 20 new cards last night and I'm gaga for feathers anyway this week's I Want Wednesday post is very plumage centric. So, for all you feather fanatics here's a healthy dose of colorful plumage...

Clockwise from top left: Controversial Pillow, Feather Flakes Note Card, Sweet Feather Color 03 pillow, Chartreuse Scoop Neck Tank, Bella Headband, sterling silver feather pendant necklace, Cecile watercolour and ink illustration, hand illustrated feather necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment