Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Heart Suspect Shoppe

I was browsing through paper n stitch this morning and stumbled across this lovely print from Suspect Shoppe. From the thoughtful color scheme to the whimsical concept it's really quite breathtaking. So, I immediately headed over to the artist, Mati Rose McDonough's, Etsy shop to see more of her amazing work.

The thing with art is, while you may be able to appreciate all of it, some of it just fits better than others. And the work of Mati Rose fits me like the perfect pair of worn in leather flats from jcrew. I would if I could buy one of everything, especially one of the prints of her collage birds or lucky elephants. Oh and how I'd love to get my hands on the original painting of slate junco. As you all know I'm a sucker for collage work.

So, while I'm turning over my couch cushions and counting the change from my piggy bank be sure to take some time and head on over to Suspect Shoppe. Its like walking through the most beautiful dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment