Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back to School Decor

I don’t know about you but I loved school. And having finished college a few years ago I’m feeling a bit nostalgic for some school yard flair. Those plaid skirts I wore back elementary and junior high school were so sweet, but sadly my old jumper from 8th grade no longer fits (yes I did try, but in my defense it was for Halloween). I figure there has to be a grown up way to incorporate some classroom love back into my life. Here are a few favorite ideas I’ve picked up in my search…

{clockwise from top left: I have to have to have these memo pad dishes, inexpensive and stylish conceal wall book shelf, lovely screen printed Jane notebook that brings forward memories of Austen's finest work, SAT Math Concepts shower curtain for those looking to smarten up in the shower, canteen utility chair - a modern interpretation of a classroom staple, these Periodic Table of Sentiments note cards are the cutest idea! I'll have to snag a few for my stash, ultra cool porcelain salt and pepper shakers for a sleek table setting, and lastly, these library card bookplates are the perfect way to let any book borrower know exactly when and who to return that good book to}

More A+ finds:
- super cute hanging antique chalkboard for writing grocery lists, schedules, or a dinner menu
- try one of these mathematician keepsakes for a cute stocking stuffer
- looking to stash the clutter? these girly locker bins are fun youthful idea for storage
- practice your art skills by sketching these animal manikins; plus they'd look great on a bookshelf

No comments:

Post a Comment