Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Paper Lanterns

It's that time of the year again, when stores bring out their warm weather merchandise. On their list this year at Target is my favorite form of party decorations - paper lanterns. Every time I see one in a store I picture myself in a field of trees tucked away on a vineyard somewhere. There, round tables with white linens sit under paper lanterns hanging from old trees. I won't bore you with every detail but trust me I've thought of it, right down to the mixing of vintage wooden chairs. So anyhow, in honor of one of my favorite daydreams I made this simple little card. Hope it brings out a few daydreams for you too.


Paper Lantern note card by Birdcage Cards

And what else was in my spring card goody box...
Butterflies and Tulips.
These tulips were all hand painted with watercolors, one in every color of the rainbow - well almost.

That's all for today folks. Wishing you warm daydreams on this wet rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. I like the delicate quality of these spring cards...like everything has just thawed from this freezing winter!

    ReplyDelete