Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Cards

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends and found themselevs loved and appreciated on Mother's Day. Being a parent truly is the most valuable job their is. So, in honor of all you hard workin' big lovin' moms out there today I wanted to share my Mom and Grandma's Mother's Day cards with you. I couldn't share them beforehand for fear of ruining the surprise. Both are variations of note cards that you will find in my Etsy shop when it officially opens this Friday.


This simple yellow tulip was made for my mother. She is a firm believer that less is more. She also has this funny little quirk where she thinks that unless a card says what its for right on it then it can't be used.
For example, I had made her a beautiful note card to give to a friend of hers for her birthday. It was perfect. It was made specifically for that friend; something I knew she'd like, but I didn't print "happy birthday" on it because I often find words to be distracting. Sometimes I think its just better to write a thoughtful note inside which includes your occasion's greeting. Anyhow, my mother takes the exact opposite stance and the first thing she says when she gets the card is "Is this a birthday card?". Needless to say I was sure to print "Happy Mother's Day" on her card and, go figure, she loved it.

This birdcage card was my Grandma's and I admit to being more than a little obsessed with it. The soft blue and grey colors are paired with this terrific silver envelope. {And yes I did just say terrific - don't make fun you know you love it.} I detailed the front of her envelope similar to my mother's but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it. So you'll just have to imagine what it looked like - oops. And, because my grandmother is the kind of woman who understands the beauty of a blank note card her mother's day message was hand written inside.

Alright, that's about it. I'm off to make some pretty paper goods. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment