Monday, May 25, 2009

I Got a "1st"

My niece is four now and by far the most wonderful thing that has ever happened in my life. One of the best parts of being around kids is getting to see the world fresh and awe inspiring all over again and I love being part of an experience for the 1st time.

So, Saturday when Makenna heard the music truck (we told her years ago that the ice cream truck was really a music truck to save us the trouble of saying no to ice cream 5x a week) I decided it was time for the charade to end and told her that this truck had ice cream in it and we were going to get some!
The excitement in her eyes was purest most beautiful thing. She looked left and right for where the truck would come from; we could hear it but not see it yet. "Aunt Katie," she told me "you check over there" and pointed with her little baby fat finger to the right "and I'll check this side!" Of course, Makenna found the truck 1st and when I looked over at her she was beaming with the excitement and anticipation of her rainbow sprinkled ice cream and, I'm sure, I was beaming with the excitement of getting to share a 1st moment with my little goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment