Monday, May 18, 2009

Artist Showcase: The Amazingness of Krista Peel

Its official, Birdcage Cards in on Etsy and open for business. I’m still in the process of writing up listings for all the new paper goodies I made. It seems I may have underestimated the time involved in editing pictures and writing up listings. So, I’ve got a lot more to add to my Etsy store - not to mention the two new note card sets I designed over the weekend.

So, in honor of my Etsy debut, from the comfort of my little workshop, I’ve decided to share a mini-showcase of one of my favorite Etsy artists, Krista Peel. She is talented at many things from drawings and watercolored paintings to hand crafted jewelry, but its her miniatures that have me over the moon...
Shown above are three different prints of her miniatures that are featured in her Etsy shop and I have been eyeing that yellow roombox2 (middle pic) for weeks! I mean just look at the detail. How did she make all those teeny tiny books? Its amazing! She builds her miniatures in glass aquariums, because even though they may look like doll houses, they are truly one-of-a-kind art from an artist who's worth 10x her weight in gold. For more of Krista Peel's work check out her Etsy shop. I dare you not to buy something, go ahead try it - it'll be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment