Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Want Wednesday: 1 Pair 2 Ways

I've had a love affair with boyfriend jeans for almost a decade now. In the early 2000's I wore a fitted dark wash straight leg pair, from the Gap, to campus nearly every day if not definitely every week. Except, then, I worn mine with a wide 3" cuff in a fit so tight it nearly resembled today's skinny jean. But still, with a boyfriend jean not much changes over time. By definition its always gonna be a straight leg, a bit worn in, and draped ever so slightly on the hips. Afterall, its supposed to look like you snagged it out of your man's closet.

But lately, I gotta say I can't enough of today's fresh take on the old classic - slouchy fit, rolled pant leg, noticeably distressed and, best of all, this version isn't just for keds and pocket tees. Today's slouchy pair somehow manages to look chic, not cheap (as in takin' the walk of shame home) with dressier elements like heels and feminine blouses. Of course, there's still something to be said for the ease of a soft cotton tee. So, this morning I thought I'd take my favorite wishlist pair of boyfriend jeans (even though I already own a few including this super soft pair and these worn in favs) and style them in two distinctive ways with some gorgeous finds that have captured my attention.
look one: quirky silver anemone blouse from Anthropologie would add just the right amount of femininity to a masculine jean; I've been drooling over this gorgeous peacock ring by Pamela Love for months; fav jewelry designer by boe made these lovely circle studs that I can't wait to snag up; indeed the perfect leather heels - feminine, a little casual and not overtly dressy; no one does nylon like MZ Wallace. They design classic shapes that are built to last and I've wanted this Bedford Clara version for months.
look two: coolest sweater vest in the world from the one store that can make the mall bearable - Ann Taylor Loft; can't help but love this fun sketched skateboard tee even though I couldn't skateboard to save my life; this delicate 18k dragonfly wing ring from Jesse Danger has definite appeal and adds just the right amount of personality to an everyman look; I don't do sneakers. As casual as I get is a comfy pair of flats and this ruffled suede pair makes my heart go pitter-patter; a bag lady through and through this less expensive periscope bag has major street cred and won't break the bank if it gets beat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment