Monday, August 31, 2009

An Afternoon at the Fairgrounds

Saturday I stopped by the Stamp Scrap Art Tour down at the Erie County Fairgrounds. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. The ad I read in the newspaper called the event a paper arts convention and mentioned that there would be a large variety of suppliers. So, I went expecting to find displays from paper companies, maybe a yudu demonstration, linoleum blocks, ink suppliers, and a sprinkling of rubber stamp vendors with embellishments like stickers, ribbons and buttons. In reality what I found was an event practically dedicated to rubber stamping.

On the plus side there were a ton of technique demos and I really enjoyed checking out all the different stamps with a hand sketched look. While it didn't turn out to be anything I could use for work I did find a lot fun ideas to play around with in my down time. My favorite score was a set of pastels that, literally, do not smear, smudge, or wipe off in any way - so cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment