Monday, November 9, 2009

Waiting Is The Hardest Part...


Okay, okay I know I already talked about this film back over the summer, but its just so hard to wait for it to come out! Never in my life have I been more excited to see a film than I am to see this one. I have literally watched the trailer countless, countless times and I had to share it today for this morning's movie. I am not your typical Tim Burton fan. I mean, I didn't even bother to see Sweeney Todd despite the fact that I'm fond of the original play. But, this movie of Alice in Wonderland is based on one of the greatest books of all time - one of the truest, purest forms of story telling that I have ever read. It's a story for kids and adults alike. It's a tale that was meant to awaken a resting imagination and its one story, that I have always found, makes the colors of our world seem brighter.

While there have been several movie versions of the book made this trailer seems to nail it just right and I have high hopes for Tim Burton's interpretation. I do hope that many of you will find some time to carve out and read the book first (psst, or just borrow it from the library for free). Trust me its worth missing a few nights of Grey's Anatomy for. I for one plan on giving it another read before I see the movie in March - oh, March! Are you really that far away?

No comments:

Post a Comment