Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Want Homemade Goodies

There is just something special about giving a handmade gift for the holidays. It lets someone know that they are special; that they are thought of. But let's face it not all of us can knit a sweater, print our own cards, or whip up a batch of homemade peanut brittle. I for one have learned there are some things better left to the pros.

So this season I have vowed to celebrate a homemade Christmas without having to make a thing. And while, yes, I will be hand printing a few gifts here and there mostly I will be seeking out items made by others. This year Etsy is going to be my shinning beacon; guiding me to the handmade goodies. With so many talented and independent artisans and crafters to choose from the most difficult obstacle I fear I'll have to face is convincing myself to not buy everything! And today I'm diving deeper into my hunt with some homemade sweet treats that would make great hostess gifts or stocking stuffers for the holidays.

{clockwise from top left: chocolate covered pretzels, not your grandma's peanut brittle, chocolate and caramel covered apples, mint chocolate rice crispy squares, homemade maple marshmallows, pumpkin ginger sandwich cookies, peppermint bark, caramel popcorn}

No comments:

Post a Comment