Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning Movie: Blue Valentine

I'm a big fan of both Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling. So, the pairing of the two in Blue Valentine holds great appeal to me. I've been hearing such good things about this movie, but am wondering when the heck is it gonna come out?! And now with an NC-17 rating it seems it may be tricky finding a theatre to show it. Unlike many of my dear friends I am not a relationship optimist. Like one of my favorite books titles I sort of feel that all things fall apart - at least they do eventually. Still, I'm a firm believer in humanity's beautiful capacity to re-build.

It'll be interesting to see how the story develops as it tracks a young married couple's relationship from the beginning to its demise. I'm already wondering if the couple will work to re-build what they started with or go their separate ways. Either way, it looks to be a good flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment