Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Simple Pleasures

The end of May is always my favorite time of year. Late spring and summer weddings are in full swing keeping me happy and busy with work. The streets are bustling with laughing kids running off to the nearby park. The house feels fresh and cool at night with all the windows open. And, my favorite flower, the gardenia peony, is in full bloom.

Peonies have such a short season; two or three weeks of their sweet scented loveliness and then they're gone. Keeping me waiting a full year to have the true pleasure of coexisting with them again.
So, as soon as their buds start opening you can always find me eagerly waiting in the wings with a vase and scissors in hand. And, that's just what I did this morning. I decided to take advantage of my favorite flowering plant and today's sunshine and snap some pics of my new line of wedding confetti. It'll be a few days before I edit all the pictures and have the listings set up in the shop, but I thought I'd share a few snapshots of what I did on this very happy morning.
- Kate ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment