Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF!

I'm off to meet a potential new paper supplier this morning (fingers crossed) but before I go I wanted to quickly share a new note card set with you - and go figure, its birdcages.This Birdcage Note Card Set of 6 was a bit of a labor of love. The "hello" greetings were hand printed with pigment inks on to the same heavyweight 80lb card stock that the cards are made of and then painstakingly cut out by hand. I say painstakingly only because I have nerve damage and arthritis in both of my hands. So detail work in bulk can be a little harsh for me sometimes - especially when I'm a perfectionist. But, in this case, it was completely worth it! The 3D framed greeting adds a nice balance to the quirky colored birdcages. I really wish the pictures did these cards justice. They are just sooo much cuter in person! Yesterday, I worked all day experimenting with and creating new packaging labels for my boxed note card sets. I wanted to make something that would match the look of the new stationery boxes. Its important to me that everything has a cohesive look. Once I finally figured out the layout and print dimensions it was smooth sailing. The front of the labels were done on my computer while the back has been hand printed. I'm still working out the details for the tags on the stationery sets but the labels for the clear note card boxes are all done. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Since its a long weekend for us here in the U.S. tomorrow I'll post a few fun kid friendly projects to keep y'all busy and entertained this Memorial Day weekend. Just remember to have fun, relax and enjoy the parades!

No comments:

Post a Comment